Monday, October 21, 2013

I will advise my client of the contents of this creed when undertaking representation

Full Quote from the Texas Lawyer's Creed 

“I will advise my client of the contents of this creed when undertaking representation.”

Believe it or not, at the Nunneley Family Law Center, the Texas Lawyer’s Creed is printed on the back of our Attorney Fee Agreement. Each time a new client retains me as their attorney, I take a moment to point out and go over the Creed on the back of the fee agreement. I always tell my new client that the Creed is what I strive to live up to as a lawyer, and if at any time they feel that I am not doing so, then they should let me know! Not all people are aware of the existence of the Texas Lawyer’s Creed, so I think it’s important that we point it out and let the client know that we do have standards! With the reputation that our profession tends to have, it is important for our clients to know that we are committed being ethical and professional. 


Submitted by Sonya R. Carrillo, Attorney at Law
Hurst, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment